Just last night, during my devotional time, this scripture was the reference for the day. It was such a great reminder to me that as hard as I work to have a healthy body, that I should never forget the ever-present need to exercise my heart. To learn the ways of Jesus; loving others and myself.
"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7
1 Samuel 16:7
Lord, Please continue to walk with me on this weight-loss journey. Continue to fuel my desire for a healthier temple for You, and even more-so, fuel the desire for a heart like Yours! Amen.
2 comments:
Woo-Hoo Girlfriend! I'm all caught up on your journey and am looking forward to keeping up with you from now on. I know you can do it - especially with your OCD need to "keep the chain going" - love it!
I'm so impressed with your commitment and will be praying for your success.
The scripture you pointed out has been my saving grace for many years, right up there with the hymn "One day at a time, Sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you" During moments of extreme frustrations I sing those words over and over. Plus knowing that my Lord loves whats on the inside, like I wish the world would, brings so much peace. Thanks, you have just given me something to blog about tomorrow (lovedbysome.blogspot.com).
Post a Comment