Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Three letters...

O - C - D

Yep, that's right. OCD. Those three letters describe me perfectly about several areas of my life. Notice I didn't say every area, but several areas :) And it's those three little...okay BIG...letters that make my new system work for me.

Let me explain. I purchased a small wall calendar; probably 5-6 inches square when closed. They are cheap, and cute, which pretty much sums up why I purchased this one. Oh, and the fact that my bathroom is the perfect size for one very small child comfortably, so it had to be small in order to hang in there.

Each day, once I have completed whatever workout/exercise I have scheduled, I mark a large diagonal line through that day on the calendar. The next day, I connect that diagonal with one going the other direction, so it forms a sort of 'chain' effect. Now, this is where the OCD comes in. I can't stand the thought of 'breaking the chain'! If I am going to keep the chain going, I have to exercise whether I am 'in the mood' or not. So I do it.

I do it to keep the chain going. I do it to feed my OCD impulses. I do it for my husband and children so I can be the healthy wife and mommy I want for them. I do it for me. One day, one step, one diagonal line at a time :)

1 comment:

AbbieCRAZY said...

How proud I am of you! You made a first step - literally! Let us know when you're ready to walk with Sarah and I - we'd love to have you....

Father God,
Bless Anne tomorrow when she wants something bad for her body. Give her the strength that only comes from You to make it though. Thank you, Father, that the power that raised Jesus from the dead is the same power we have all the time. Be with her when she struggles and bring to her memory how much she has already done because of Your faithfulness.

Glory!