Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 21 - Something New

It is day 21. 21 days of victory, and it feels good. I am not losing the weight so far like I had hoped, but I am re-evaluating and making some changes in order to spur things along. I have a new system in place that will hopefully assist me in getting all of my water in for the day. It sounds so easy to say, "Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day" but for some reason it is difficult for me. I have only had one Dr Pepper in 2008, so that is great, but I need to be sure to drink more water! My new system is to place 4 or 5 - 16.5 oz bottles of water on the counter each night before bed. Each morning when I wake, they will be sitting there calling my name, and the goal is to have them complete before turning in for the night! I'll let you know how it goes! I am hoping that once again my OCD will help me out since I cannot stand to have things cluttering the counter! :)

In other news, I am also starting a 30-day cleanse program today. I am super excited about it, so let's hope that it helps me jumpstart the journey with a cleansed out colon, kidneys, and liver, and digestive tract. I want the toxins gone, and a cleaner healthier body!

My initial short-term goal was to exercise EVERY DAY in January. I am 21 days in...only 10 more to go. What should my reward be? I want to be sure to reward myself for meeting the goals, even if I am not to the end of the journey. So, any ideas?

3 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Reward yourself with a DP. That is what I have done before. It sounds so simple and silly at the same time. But when you actually do get all that water in, there is no time (or room) for another liquid.

But what I have found surprising is that when I do get that soda, it is not near as good as I remember and I have to go have a drink of water to get the taste out of my mouth.

I have rewarded myself with clothes and a special meal before, but that is usually for a bigger, long term goal.

I know you will make it the next 10days with no problem, but I am here if you need some support.

God bless you!

Melissa said...

Let's go for a movie and get small sodas! I'm working on my water, too. I think I'll try the water bottles on the counter. I've been refilling, but keep losing track - or forgetting entirely. You're way ahead of me. Keep it up! I wanna go to the movies.

Proud Parents said...

I leave out water bottles as well. And hate cabinet clutter, too! But I don't let myself have whatever flavored drink I desire till the water bottles are empty for the day. I do hate having to make often trip's to the bathroom though! And I like Melissa's idea for a reward.