Monday, January 14, 2008

The Chain Continues

It's day fourteen and i have successfully placed another link on my calendar chain! I took a longer walk today. It was wonderful, but I can tell because I feel a bit more tired tonight. Especially after the 150 leg lifts that were included in my workout last night :)

It is getting a little harder to post here. I think it is because I figure that more people are finding me here, and I am terrified. I am terrified of what you all are thinking about me. I am terrified of all of the opinions that are floating around out there; the opinions that I am not losing any weight. The opinions that no one can tell a difference, so I must not be doing anything. I am terrified that the word is out about my commitment because if I fail, it becomes a public failure to my public problem with fat...and that is terrifying!

I also know that in the end, mine is the opinion that matters. I have committed to myself to make this the year, and slowly, one pound at a time, I am going to succeed. And if you want to cheer me on along the way, then great. But either way, I'm committed; one day, one step, one victory at a time.

3 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Day fourteen and another link in your chain - yeah you, again!!!

I know you are terrified, it is hard not to wonder what people are thinking. Those who have never struggled with weight (and i don't mean and extra 5 pounds here and there) don't understand and they will never understand.

What I am thinking of you is that I love you. You have shown so much courage in the past two weeks, courage that I don't have. You have shown me will power and strength. But more than anything, you have shown me faith. You are a wonderful mom and wife but you always keep God first. You have shown me how he guides you and I know he is guiding you now.

So I add you to my daily prayers, my prayers of thanks that he has given me such a wonderful friend that has led me in so many ways in the short time we have known each other.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Alrighty, kick those "other people" thoughts to the curb! I'm so proud of you because I'm currently sitting at my computer! It can only be done one day at a time. Sometimes it's one step at at time.

Forget about Them. Think about Him and about your husband and children that want to be with you at 75!

Proud Parents said...

Since you are showing courage posting your commitment and being honest. I will tell you that I have been praying that your inner thoughts can be changed, even turned off as you take on this wonderful commitment. I am behind you 100%. I feel a warm feeling every time I lay my hand on your "hand" and pray. Keep on!