Sunday, January 6, 2008

A New Week

A new week has begun, and another chance for another victory!

I have already marked through my day today on the calendar because Natalie and I went walking together this afternoon. Bless her heart, her little legs were working so hard to keep up with me. It was quite precious because this morning when she woke me up, she was dressed for a workout. She had gotten up and put on sweats and her tennis shoes hoping to come with me on my walk today. It broke her heart to know she had to change and put on her church clothes, but this afternoon she was thrilled to don her tennis shoes again and accompany me. I was great mother-daughter time, and we have decided that each Sunday will be her special "work out with Mommy Day".

One of the things that I can already see is the support that I am receiving from that little four year old angel. I don't use words like fat or diet around her because I don't want her to begin to question herself. (Girls have enough of that in life anyway...I should know!) I have just said that I am walking to be healthy. We have talked about making healthy choices, and how exercise is good for your body. She is loving it, and looks forward to praising me after my walks.

What she doesn't know is that I am doing it for her. Oh sure, I am doing it for me, but I am doing it for her. I am doing it so she will have a happy, healthy mommy around for a long time. I've always said that I went through so much to get these kids (cancer, infertility, high risk pregnancies...) that I am not going to miss raising them, and being here for them! They mean more than the world to me, and I want their mommy to be here for them!

And one day at a time, I am becoming that happy, healthy, in-shape mommy! One step at a time, I am learning to love myself, and hopefully losing the pounds along the way! And one day at a time, I am marking through another day on that little calendar hanging in my bathroom. It's one day, one pound, one victory at a time.

No comments: