Saturday, March 22, 2008

Moving Along...

Yesterday I met a friend at the gym for some ab work and cardio on the treadmill. I was at the gym a little early so I decided to do some warming up by walking 10 minutes on the treadmill. I set the speed at my usual number, walked the ten minutes, and then realized that I wasn't even winded! WooHoo! That means I need to kick it up a notch, and more importantly, it means I am getting stronger; my heart is getting healthier! I was so excited, feeling like I had accomplished something big. I know it is just a small step, and that I still have a LONG way to go, but it's okay to celebrate the little things, right?

I went on to work through some ab stuff, and then spent another 30 minutes on the treadmill at an increased speed. It was a great workout day for me!

Today, I went to my first BodyVive class. I have really been loving the BodyPump, but wanted to try this other class, and today there was one in the morning that I could attend. It was fun, but very different from any other exercise class I have been in. I felt good afterwards, and I am sure I will go back again!

I won't lie and say that this transition is going easily and without hitch. It is hard to train your mind and your body to do something that it hasn't done for too long, but every day I wake up committed. I am still struggling with the whole water thing, but it is getting better. I am being much more careful about what goes into my mouth, which is not altogether easy considering the volumes of Easter candy my children keep bringing home!

Hopefully soon the scales will begin to reflect the time and effort I am putting into building a better me. Hopefully soon my clothes will begin to fit more loosely, and I will find myself complaining that everything is too big!

Until then, I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other, sweating all the way!

1 comment:

AbbieCRAZY said...

I'm so proud of you! You are doing a great thing for your body!