Monday, February 4, 2008

No wonder

It's no wonder that so many people give up on this journey of weight loss. I have been working so hard for 5 going on 6 weeks, and have barely lost any weight. I was so proud of my efforts, and my faithfulness to the exercise. I have cut out the Dr Pepper, which was HUGE, except for the three times I have caved. But I wasn't going to beat myself up over a Dr Pepper. I just left with a belch and a new resolve to do better.

But now, this far in with so few results, I can totally understand the urges to give up. I'm feeling them. I'm thinking all those things I know others have: why bother, I am destined to be fat. I'll never get thin, I hate myself, I hate my body, I hate my metabolism. I have too far to go, I'll never make it! I was so proud, only to be plummeted to the depths of disappointment and failure.

But I'm going to keep trying. I can't look at my husband and children and tell them they aren't worth the battle. And while, right now, I don't feel like I am worth the battle, I am going to keep on anyway. Let's just hope that some pounds start to fall off! I need some wins!

3 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hi, Anne!

I saw your blog over at dietnaked, so I thought I would come visit. You have done an awesome job! Don't get discouraged about the slow weight loss. That is the BEST way to lose weight. I'm a slow loser, too. There have been times when it drives me crazy. In the year that I lost around 15 pounds, my husband lost ONE HUNDRED! Yeah, we hate him. LOL Not really. But when it comes to weight loss, men suck because it's so EASY. And he never exercised because he has an arthritic hip. He'll be getting a hip replacement soon and it's really good for his recovery that he lost all that weight.

Anyway, slow and steady wins the race. I love and constantly recommend the book "The Abs Diet for Women." It's not a "diet" like we think of it, it's a healthy way to live. And good health is the goal. I've been participating in challenges at talesfromthescales.net. The first one I only lost 8 pounds and with this one that goes through Feb, I have lost around 8. Since my heaviest weight, I'm down 39lb, and I'm keeping the downward trend. I still have about 45 pounds to go.

I just wanted to make a comment and tell you not to give up the fight. It's worth it. :-) God bless.
Path to Health

Lolosblog said...

You, your husband and your children are worth this fight.

I can't help but link in my mind this post, your post on your other blog and the lesson from Sunday. I say this to you because it so relates to me too. This urge to give up is one of the times satan is yelling, screaming at you, trying to get you to do things his way.

Listen for the whisper.

I know you and I know in my heart you can and will do this. Call me any time you need to talk, laugh or even cry. I will be here.

Proud Parents said...

Do not give up. Do not give up! I hate to hear that the pounds are not falling off. But so proud of your exercise commitment. My specific prayer is that the pounds will fall off and that you will be encouraged by success.