Monday, February 11, 2008

Nine

There is a line in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" that goes something like this, "I am just one stomach bug away from my goal weight." Well, I haven't had a stomach bug, but I have lost 9 pounds since Thursday. It's a far cry from my goal weight, but it's nine pounds gone! I'm not happy that I was sick, but I will take this as a jump-start and gear back up for a new exercise streak! I am hopefully back in the saddle again tomorrow. I am needing one more day to recover, and then, I am back!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You'll gain a few back when you continue to be faithful to your water -- fever REALLY dries up your fluids (says the lady who got the flu while 9 months pregnant and lost every drop of her milk with which to nurse!) But I'm thankful there was at least a bright spot in breaking your exercise streak -- do NOT ever exercise while running fever! Bad, bad, very bad. And take it easy when you go back. Just be good to yourself!

AbbieCRAZY said...

OOOO, so if I get sick I may lose those 5 lbs before going to Alabama?! Yipee!

(insert Sarah scold here)

Your calender looked great! You will be back at it - sick mommies need to get well! That means lying on the couch, really.

Shelley said...

Take plenty of time to take care of yourself!