So several days ago I signed up for a transformation. I am currently working on assignment #1, which is proving to be a challenge. Not a good sign, is it? I am supposed to take photos of myself, and write around the photo all of the things that I feel about it...or what the person in the picture feels. I have the pictures but I can't seem to make myself sit down to write the words...the feelings on paper. I am going to do it...no doubt about that, but I keep putting it of. I think I am afraid. I think I am afraid of the words I will write, and I think I am afraid of the emotions that will surface when I write those words. I have TONS of baggage (no pun intended) when it comes to the teasing and taunting and name-calling about my weight/size. Naturally, that means that I have lots of emotions connected to my self-image, and I work hard to keep them suppressed. If I write it down on paper, then I have to actually think about it...and that's not going to be fun at all. Again, I am absolutely going to do the assignment, but I'm just not looking forward to it :(
I will keep the pictures to myself for now...maybe one day in the future I will feel okay about posting them here. I truly hope that day comes...really, I do. Talk about a victory! But until then, I will make my lists and grow from the experience.
As soon as I have written, I will post my reflections here...but for now, say a little prayer for me. I need the Lord's strength as I journey through this!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are perect. God doesn't make mistakes! I know He is proud that His daughter is tryin' to love herself like He does.
Set aside some 'grieving time' one day...LOL Easier said than done huh! Anyway, try to eek out a moment to grieve some of that nasty junk you've been through! It may be cleansing?
You may have already noticed that as the inches come off, it's almost as if the fat cells carry bad memories! I struggle at certain numbers on the scale!
Post a Comment