The following things were actually said to me this weekend...yes, in the course of 48 hours, these words were said to my face:
"So, are you skinny yet?", then looks me over and says, "Oh." (this was said at church!)
"Well, I guess going to fit camp is showing you just how out of shape you are and how far you have to go."
"Are you going to eat that?"
Nice huh? And to be honest, there was more, but I won't even type them here. I don't care to relive it.
So I write this here and remind myself why I tend to keep things a secret. I said to my hubby, "Next time I decide to do another fit camp, and there will probably be a next time, I am not telling a single person. It's just easier to keep it to myself." Sad, but true. Just like the rudeness about what I eat and how much I eat makes me want to only eat alone and in private, the rude comments and judgements on my progress when I am working so stinking hard towards a better me, simply make me want to keep that a secret too.
Some things are just better kept to myself. Next time, it's between me and my food journal. Period.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was on Facebook and Rozzy posted this "I used these words to encourage someone today. Hope they encourage you all. Be in deposit thinking. Words are powerful and can change things. God used words to create the world. He said.."let there be" and there was. Words obey you. So use your words to have a purposeful day."
I understood that we need to talk ourselves up...It is CRIMINAL that people have talked you down. I am so sorry that you went through this.
Post a Comment