Thursday, April 24, 2008

Must.Drink.More.Water

I am still struggling to get in my daily water!

I have tried a couple of different things, but nothing seems to work. What are your suggestions> What works for you?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I did what you have mentioned doing before -- filling 4 16-oz. water bottles and leave them out on the counter. Drink until gone!

Sometimes I try to drink one 16-oz. bottle ever 2-3 hours. I've found that I will drink it if I have it AVAILABLE (and I have come to LOATHE Abilene tap water!!) And now that it's warmer, I don't mind drinking as much -- hate drinking water when it's cold!

Lolosblog said...

I think being able to see the water helps. I bring my bottles to work with me and as I finish a bottle it goes to the recycle bin. Also I allow myself something different at lunch and sometimes supper. This seems to make me look forward to the water because it taste better. (I know that is all in my head!)

Anna said...

I have a hard time w/ the water intake too. I have recently given up the sodas too...NOT EASY! It hit me one day when I was giving my kids water with their lunch...and Cameron asked me why I got to have a coke, and she didn't? Hmmm....good question! If it wasn't good for them...why in the world was I drinking them? I still must have my morning coffee though, that will never change. ha!

Back to the water....I can't drink water unless it is ice cold. No room temperature water for me. YUCK. Kirk carries around a huge bottled water at all times...but that just grosses me out. Its borderline WARM. Eww. So I don't really have any great tips that are proven effective. SORRY! I just know it has to be cold for me.

Good luck Anne! You can do it girl!

AbbieCRAZY said...

I have gotten a Fiji water bottle - just 2 a day is 2 liters! Just 2! You can do 2!

Is it wherever you are? When you leave the gym do you chug some? After walking do you come home to your bottle?

I do all these things. I hardly ever leave home without water. Room temp. Not tap.