So today I had two Dr Peppers. I know, I know. Bad, very bad! But hey, we all fall off of the wagon sometimes, right?
Anyway, this evening as we were driving home, I realized I had a headache. It was right between my eyes, and it reminded me of past headaches. HMMM? Thinking, thinking...Oh yeah. I know the ones...the headaches I would get while I was pregnant if my blood sugar was high. That was the one!
Not to worry, I have learned my lesson. And I almost consider it a victory. There was a time I was consuming so much Dr Pepper that I am convinced it was running through my veins. But now, after having been off of them for several months, my body can actually communicate with me again! It was able to say, "Hello Anne...this much sugar is not normal for you anymore! It doesn't make you feel good!! We like the new no-dr-pepper-you!! Put down that cup!!"
And I listened! Victory...one step at a time!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment