Monday, December 29, 2008

I am not giving up

Here we are in the final days of 2008...and I still have LOTS of weight to lose. You'll notice that the blog title has changed a little. I couldn't leave it as "Losing the Weight in 2008" since it won't be 2008 much longer. I am really disappointed in myself. I had hoped that a few more of these pounds would be gone, and they aren't. I had hoped to be further along in the journey, but I'm not. I guess the important thing is that I am not giving up. This year has been filled with lots of change. With my girl starting school, I have discovered that it is almost more work than having her at home...fun, but work! I have also had some medical stuff, which I won't go into here, but suffice it to say, it has effected me physically and emotionally. I have also taken a part time job, which may sound like a piece of cake, but let me assure you it isn't. It is taking some adjustment for me and for my family. It will be great because I enjoy what I do and we certainly need the money, but nonetheless, it is a change!

As I stand on the doorstep of 2009, I see the continuation of my weight loss journey. I do not consider it another new year's resolution. It is simply a new year to give thanks and do the best I possibly can with what God has graciously given me. That includes this body of mine. I am going to claim the victory that I have LOST in 2008, and have not gained. (I was able to purchase a new pair of jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than my old pair!) I am going to walk forward with determination and joy!

So there you have it. Another day in the journey...losing the weight "one pound at a time in 2009!"

2 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Anne,

You are such a beautiful person and I pray for your struggles and your victories (new jeans, YEAH!). Always know you have so many people that love you and are always there to hold your hand!

Love you!
Brandi

Sarah said...

This list: http://mybodmod.blogspot.com/2008/04/bfl-fitness-getting-fit-tips.html
has really set well with me. Mainly -- starting over is another success, not a failure! Keep starting over! You have NOT failed, and you have continued to fight. Keep it up!!